Preserving Recipes on You Tube

Sunday Morning Sausage Gravy and Biscuits


Sunday Morning Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Originally uploaded by Alli Tray

On Sunday mornings we fix biscuits & gravy. This is a favorite at our house. Usually having eggs, grits & toast as well.

1 package sausage
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
plenty biscuits

Brown 1 package of sausage in large skillet.

Seperate bowl mix 1/3 cup of flour, salt & black pepper with 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Pour into skillet scrapping the bottom of pan, makes flavor great. Sometimes if I am cooking bacon I place in some grease. This goes over really well, but I don't do it often.

Mix in 1 to 1 1/2 cups of milk depending  how thick you want gravy.
Simmer on low to medium until hot then ready to serve. You can place in oven to keep warm until ready to eat. I sometimes don't have enough burners on my stove for everthing.

Eating breakfast together on the weekends is tradition in our family. Lately I have been wanting to try other recipes. As a picky eater this is hard for me.