Preserving Recipes on You Tube

Prepping Recipes for Photo Shoot


I sort the recipes, then flatten them out between books. Prepping the recipes to be photographed is not an easy task. I enjoy reading each one, trying to picture the cook. She is standing over an old stove glancing at her recipe in one hand with her utensil in the other. Gathering fabrics I have collected through the years to place behind each recipe. The fabric is ironed and ready to go. My work has just begun, taking all I can carry I head outdoors. It must be sunny with some shade, using a chair from the back porch as my table. Then the staging really starts. Focusing on capturing each one with the perfect fabric, matching good titles with the pattern ain't easy or perfect. Sometimes they come out ok, or they get redone on the next go 'round. Thank you for taking a look and I hope you enjoy my photographs. Vintage recipes speak to me screaming to be held and captured to be shared and preserved for the next generation.